top of page
Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA)

The Government of Canada has an entry requirement in effect for visa-exempt foreign nationals. They need an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) to fly to or transit through Canada. 

Exceptions include U.S. citizens and travellers with a valid Canadian visa. Canadian citizens, including dual citizens, and Canadian permanent residents cannot apply for an ETA.

Be prepared to apply for an ETA before you book your flight to Canada. Most applicants get approved within minutes. However, some applications can take several days to process so don’t wait until the last minute.

bottom of page